La struttura semplice Centro Collaboratore dell’Organizzazione Mondiale per la Sanità (CC OMS) per la Salute Materno Infantile (WHO Collaboration Center) opera dal 1992 presso l’IRCCS Burlo Garofolo; in tutti questi anni ha lavorato in supporto all’OMS e ad altre agenzie delle Nazioni Unite, come l’UNICEF e UNFPA, anche in collaborazione con numerose altre istituzioni, italiane e straniere, quali Università, Centri di Ricerca, ministeri, organizzazioni governative e non governative.
Le principali attività svolte dal CC OMS sono elencate in seguito:
- Supporto tecnico all’OMS per lo sviluppo di: linee guida, manuali e pacchetti di formazione, standards e indicatori, strumenti - in particolare strumenti per la valutazione della qualità delle cure-, politiche e documenti strategici.(vedi sezione "Aree di eccellenza")
- Sostegno all’implementazione delle raccomandazioni e dei programmi dell’OMS, in particolare in paesi a basso e medio reddito.(vedi sezione "Aree di eccellenza")
- Ricerca in ambito materno infantile, incluso ricerca sui servizi sanitari (vedi sezione "Attività di ricerca")
MAGGIORI ATTIVITÀ PASSATE
- Linee guida Kangaroo Mother care
- European network for public health nutrition: networking, monitoring, intervention and training (EUNUTNET)
- EU-funded projects for the development of a Blueprint for Action, first launched in 2004
- HOPE – Health promotion through obesity prevention across Europe: an integrated analysis to support European health policy (project)
- First European child health report for the age group of 0-12 years in European countries (Member States of the European Union and EFTA, and official candidate countries).
- Standard European recommendations on infant and young child feeding .
- Contributo allo sviluppo di strumenti per la promozione della salute e delle buone pratiche (Baby Friendly Community Initiative
- Contributo a importanti indagini internazionali, come l’Health Behaviour in School Children (HBSC) survey, e WHO European Childhood Obesity Surveillance Initiative (COSI)
- Contributo alla stesura di raccomandazioni relative all’alimentazione del neonato e del bambino, quali le Standard European recommendations on infant and young child feeding English Version; Versione italiana
Sviluppo di Linee Guida
- WHO Guidelines on basic newborn resuscitation
- Recommendations for management of common childhood conditions
- WHO. Guideline: Updates on the management of severe acute malnutrition in infants and children. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2013.
- Neonatal vitamin A supplementation
- Vitamin A supplementation for HIV-infected women during pregnancy
- Vitamin A supplementation in infants 1–5 months of age
- Vitamin A supplementation in infants and children 6–59 months of age
- Vitamin A supplementation in postpartum women
- Vitamin A supplementation in pregnant women
- Use of multiple micronutrient powders for home fortification of foods consumed by infants and children 6–23 months of age
- Use of multiple micronutrient powders for home fortification of foods consumed by pregnant women
- Intermittent iron and folic acid supplementation for menstruating women
- Intermittent iron supplementation for preschool and school age children
- Vitamin D supplementation in pregnant women
- Calcium supplementation in pregnant women
- Sodium intake for adults and children
- Potassium intake for adults and children
- Daily iron and folic acid supplementation in pregnant women
- Supplementary foods for the management of moderate acute malnutrition in infants and children 6-59 months of age. Technical note. Who 2012
- Food supplementation in children with moderate acute malnutrition
- Micronutrient supplementation in children with severe acute malnutrition
- Treatment of dehydration in children with severe acute malnutrition
- Treatment of hypoglycaemia in severely malnourished children
- Treatment of hypothermia in severely malnourished children
- Treatment of severe acute malnutrition in HIV-infected children
- Linee Guida dell'Emorragia Post Partum: come prevenirla, come curarla
- Improving the quality of paediatric care: an operational guide for facility-based audit and review of paediatric mortality
- Conducting a maternal near-miss case review cycle at the hospital level” manual with practical tools in English and Russian.
- Pocket book of hospital care for children- Guidelines for the management of common illnesses with limited resources- 2nd Edition (2013)
- Pocket book of hospital care for children- Guidelines for the management of common illnesses with limited resources- 1st Edition (2005)
- WHO Pocket Book for child and adolescent health at Primary Health Care level for the WHO European Region (ongoing)
Strumenti OMS per la valutazione della qualità delle cure ospedaliere
- World Health Organisation. Hospital care for mothers and newborn babies: WHO quality assessment and improvement tool. WHO Regional Office for Europe, Copenhagen 2014.
- World Health Organisation. Hospital care for children: quality assessment and improvement tool. WHO Regional Office for Europe, Copenhaghen 2015.
- Hospital care for mothers and newborn babies: quality assessment and improvement tool.
- Assessment tool for the quality of hospital care for mothers and newborn babies
- Tool for assessing the performance of the Health system, in improving maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health
Indicatori di qualità dell'assistenza sanitaria
- Consultation on improving measurement of the quality of maternal, newborn and child care in health facilities
- Standards for improving quality of maternal and newborn care in health facilities
- Standards for improving the quality of care for children and young adolescents in health facilities scarica il file
- Research "Improving the quality of hospital care for children by supportive supervision: a cluster randomized trial, Kyrgyzstan"
- Support to countries Read Dr Lazzerini contribution in the newsletter of the European Paediatric Association, Union of National European Paediatric Societies and Associations (EPA-UNEPSA)
- Development and Prioritization of Paediatric Quality of Care Indicators
Valutazioni della qualità delle cure
- Contributo a numerose valutazioni e progetti, in collaborazione con OMS, altre agenzie delle Nazioni Unite ed in partnership con Ministeri della Salute locali, per la valutazione ed il miglioramento della qualità delle cure in paesi dell’Est Europa, Asia Centrale (Albania, Armenia, Georgia , Moldova, Montenegro, Kazakistan, Kirghizistan, Kosovo, Tagikistan, Ucraina, Uzbekistan etc), Africa (Etiopia, Mozambico, Tanzania, Uganda etc), South East Asia (Sri Lanka,Papua New Guinea) Esempi
- Assessment of the safety and quality of hospital care for mothers and newborn babies in Montenegro. In collaboration with UNICEF CO Montenegro, and Montenegro MoH (2016) available at the UNICEF Montenegro CO website and at the Montenegro MOH website (Montenegrin)
- Kyrgyzstan (for WHO EURO and HQ) First Assessment ( 2012)
Documento guida per l'implementazione
- Implementation guidance: Improving quality of care for maternal, newborn and child health
- Implementation of perinatal death review in the WHO EURO Region
Sviluppo di politiche
- Contributo allo sviluppo del piano strategico per la salute riproduttiva di WHO EURO - 66th session of the WHO Regional Committee for Europe
- Meeting della Regione Europea OMS "Migliorare le cure antenatali nei paesi dell'Est Europa ed Asia Centrale". vedi foto 1, foto 2, link al Programma, link alle Linee Guida sulle Cure Antenatali OMS.
Rapporti per l'Unione Europea
- Expert meeting to develop the new European Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) strategy. 28-29 April 2015, Trieste, Italy
- Expert meeting on European Women’s Health report. 30 April 2015, Trieste, Italy
- 11th Workshop and Congress of the International Network on Kangaroo Mother Care "Kangaroo Mother Care: 20 years later" - Trieste, Italy, 14-17 November 2016 International Network on Kangaroo Mother Care INK Le mamme canguro. Meglio di un’incubatrice.
- WHO Technical Consultation on strategies to improve the implementation of WHO recommendation of maternal health care in the European Region, 30-31 May 2019, Trieste, Italy. LINK Info on the event
- Prevention and elimination of disrespect and abuse during childbirth in hospital (Prevenzione ed eliminazione dell’abuso e della mancanza di rispetto durante l’assistenza al parto presso le strutture ospedaliere
Progetti di ricerca
- Improving the quality of care for children with acute malnutrition: Cluster Randomised Controlled Trial in West Nile Region, Uganda. Guarda il VIDEO su YouTube
- Improving the Quality of Paediatric Hospital Care in the Kyrgyz Republic by Introducing the WHO Guidelines: Cluster randomised Trial ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02001116
- Cluster Randomised Trial and Cost-Effectiveness Analysis: Improving the outcomes of children with acute malnutrition in West Nile Region, Uganda. ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03044548
- Technical support in developing and field testing indicators of adherence to WHO guidelines of pediatric case management at hospital level (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Republic of Moldova, Kosovo, Ukraine) for Quality Assessment for WHO Regional Office for Europe Design, practical conduct, field testing
- Improving the quality of care for children In Kosovo Region, in collaboration with WHO Regional Office for Europe
- Knowledge to Action grants to support adaptation and implementation of WHO maternal and perinatal guidelines in Sri Lanka
- Development and field testing of a checklist to assess the quality of facility-based individual case Near Miss Reviews in the WHO European Region.
- Systematic assessment of the quality of the facility based individual near miss case reviews in selected countries of the WHO European Region
- Respectful maternity care. Observational evaluation in service users and service provider, and support for the implementation of good practices of care in Italy.
- Systematic reviews on the impact, facilitators and barriers to facility-based individual case Near-Miss Reviews in low and middle-income countries: systematic review and meta-analysis. Listen to podcats http://greatnetworkglobal.org/funding/
- Analysis of a 10 years retrospective dataset of hospitalised pneumonia in children in Malawi – In collaboration with UCL CHID
- Digital radiology to Improve the Quality of Care in Countries with Limited Resources: A Feasibility Study in Angola
- Assessing the quality of the Nutritional service in West Nile Region, Uganda
Pacchetti per formazione per OMS
- WHO Effective Perinatal Care Package 2nd Edition 2015
- WHO Effective Perinatal Care Training Package (EPC) additional module on “Rights of women during childbirth” (2017)
- WHO Effective Perinatal Care Training Package (EPC) - Technical update (2017) of Module 1 MO based on the new WHO guidelines of on antenatal care
- Other training packages
- Essential Newborn Care Training Course: Technical update, developing of monitoring indicators, field testing (ongoing)
Dipartimento di Diagnostica
- Epidemiologia clinica e ricerca sui servizi sanitari
- WHO Collaborating Center
- Genetica Medica
- Laboratorio di Genetica medica
- Diagnostica avanzata microbiologica traslazionale
- Laboratorio di Diagnostica Avanzata Traslazionale
- Servizio di crioconservazione
- Radiologia pediatrica
- Farmacologia clinica e Farmacogenetica